Just got back in from visiting Pierce. Little man decided to self-extabate this morning so needless to say, he gave the entire medical team a run for their money. Please pray that he stabilizes more and that his "spells" will become fewer and farther between. At the moment, the doctors think they have the infection under control and they are going to try weaning him down on the ventilator. They are also watching his creatinine levels to see if/when they can administer the indocin to treat the PDA. All of these hurdles, along with several others are all on the agenda. Pray that God grants the medical team wisdom as to know which one of these issues to treat first and again, that Pierce will become more stable as time passes. At this point, Nik and I are really feeling the effects of this rollercoaster. Pray for endurance for us as we look to start week 3 (yeah!) of this journey.
Lindsay, Nik and Pierce