4.19.2011

'God is more majestic for silencing his enemies with the weakness of children, and ruling the world through mere man. (Psa 8)"

The title of this post is a quote from John Piper's facebook this morning. God used it to speak directly to me. It is so true that God can use babes, even teeny tiny ones like Pierce (after all, they don't get more tiny or weak than him) to silence the scoffers. We have seen that already and we pray that we see it again. We pray that God uses Pierce's little life to bring many into the Kingdom,that many will look at this miracle and say, "I believe in the Way, the Truth and the Life."


Psalm 8
8:1 O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?
5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [2]
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
7 all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Praying for a quiet day.

Love to you all,
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay
    Im not sure if my last comment worked but I am a friend of Anne Chen and she sent me your blog. I went into labor at 25 weeks last year and had my baby at 26 weeks. She was in hospital for 105 days, on oxygen and had a PDA ligation (operation to sew up PDA). I'm not saying I know all your pain. Everyone's story is different but I know this can be a hard journey. There is hope though and I can see your immense faith. I too am a Christian and God has been so faithful to us and our little daughter. He was with us. If you ever wanted to email me my email is annalhamman@gmail.com. I know God has little pierce in his hands but if you ever wanted someone to talk to who has been through a similar jourmey I would be very happy to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring Psalm! I love it!

    ReplyDelete