4.15.2011

home now

We said goodbye to Pierce today and drove off around 3 o'clock this afternoon. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of pain and anguish that you feel when leaving your sick child behind. BUT we want you to know that God has been so gracious. He granted us the strength we needed to physically get out the door (and trust me, there were many moments where we didn't think we could walk 1 more foot away from his bedside). God has filled our hearts with so much hope and we are trusting that He is going to bring Pierce through this. I know we are beginning to sound like a broken record, but we have been SO lifted up and encouraged by the power of your prayers. We know that God is using every one of them to minister to us during this dark time. We are thankful for the peace He has granted deep down in our soul. We know that He is the creator and sustainer of life and that He is our hope. This verse has ministered to my heart so much, I thought I'd share with you: (Psalm 71)

For you, O Lord, are my hope,
my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
Upon you I have leaned from before my birth;
you are he who took me from my mother's womb.
My praise is continually of you.  

I have been as a portent to many,
but you are my strong refuge.
My mouth is filled with your praise,
and with your glory all the day.


Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pass this blog along to whoever. We need everyone praying for our little boy.

Love to you all, Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay,
    I wanted to make sure you took advantage of the Ronald McDonald House in your area if you need to. We only had to use it for one night when the boys were 10 days old and it was sleeting and icy, but it took such a HUGE weight off of our shoulders knowing we were in walking distance to them should they need us. They are very nice and extremely supportive. I got a quilt for each of the boys made by volunteers with all children and parents that needed the service in mind. I know you had to be transferred, so I wasn't certain how far away your house was from the hospital. But even if it's not that far, the RMH is ALWAYS open, just to give you peace of mind if Pierce ever has a rough day and you just don't want to leave. We continue to pray for you and Nik. Not to mention every few moments another prayer is being lifted for Pierce.
    God Bless sweetie,
    Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know us, but my husband and I are praying for you and your baby. We found this blog through a Facebook post, and reading it has encouraged us immensely. I am praying that Pierce will continue to grow and heal and form a heart after God's. We will keep lifting up Pierce to the Lord, as many did when I was born, 25 years ago. I was a premature baby, born at just a little under 2 lbs. My dad had one prayer throughout my stay at the hospital (in the incubator), "Father, this child is yours." And so is Pierce. He is in the hands of the mightiest, of the King of Kings, and I just know that he will grow up to be someone who is so close to the heart and character of Jesus.

    I hope you two get the rest that you need, and that God's unwavering peace will continue to sustain you. Much love, many hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete