Pierce's surgery moved to Thursday

Nik and I just got back from meeting with the dr's and nurses. Pierce's surgery has been postponed to tomorrow afternoon due to a lack of OR staff. While this is so frustrating for us as this is the second time it's been postponed, we are trusting that God is ordaining this for a reason and that He is still at work. The neonatologist told us tonight that if they can't get the head cardio surgeon down tomorrow, he is going to have one of the general ped's surgeons perform the surgery. He stressed that at this point in the game, he feels that it's better for Pierce to have the surgery sooner even if it means not getting the "specialist." It's scary for us, because of course when given the option we'd much rather have the specialist perform the operation, but we know that at this point in the game, that may not be an option. Please continue praying with us as this waiting game has become quite draining and very tedious. Pray that Pierce stays strong and that no complications arise before they can do the surgery.

Much love,
Lindsay, Nik and Pierce


  1. Maybe the Lord has in mind for the "non-specialist" to do the surgery. The most skilled person might not always do the best job! I will pray for just the right person to perform the surgery at just the right time!

  2. Praying that every decision is the decision that keeps Pierce healthily growing and improving. God is in control. Praying for you all.


  3. That's ok. Maybe there is a good reason for all the postponing. We have been praying and will continue to pray for the doctors, nurses and all caretakers. Praying that no complications will arise and Pierce will have a healthy recover from this. Praying that Pierce will continue to develop stronger and healthier. Praying for Lindsay and Nik to have peace and comfort.

    God Bless