Nik and I just met with Dr. Peeler, the cardio surgeon. Pierce's surgery is going to be postponed until tomorrow (Wed) afternoon as they had several emergency surgeries that have come up. He is also a little worried about Pierce's elevated white blood count, but the neonatal team feels pretty confident that this is just a result of the steroids they are administering. So, all that to say, we are all just trying to be patient. We trust that God is sovereign over this. Little man is hanging tough and strong and had a relatively quiet night/morning. Pray that he continues to stay stable enough to undergo the surgery tomorrow and that as we celebrate his two-week birthday (yeah!), we will have a peace to know that God is still at work in his life.
Lindsay, Nik and Pierce