the start of a new week
Pierce is doing so well! We have been so, so thankful that this past week was so quiet and uneventful. Well, now that I think back, it was rather eventful- coming off the vent, off the CPAP and staying on the cannula- but at least the events were all GOOD! He now weighs 2lbs 10 oz and is 54 days old. He's growing up so fast! In fact, he's such a big boy, they increased his feeds from 21mL's to 24mL's every 3 hrs. He's still on the nasal cannula, on 21% o2 and 6 liters. They're hoping to start weaning the liters tomorrow since little man has been tolerating the cannula so well. The only issue right now is that Pierce's heart rate has been elevated for the past few days. The drs. are thinking that this is probably just a result of the steroids he's on for lung development. Fortunately they're weaning the steroids this week so that should help his heart rate to go down.
And here is a quick video we shot tonight. The picture/sound quality isn't the best (thanks iphone!), but if you turn your volume all the way up, you can hear P crying. He can get a LOT louder, but he looked pretty peaceful tonight so this was all I could catch.
Here is how you can be praying for us tonight:
1. Pray that Pierce will continue to do well and that each day he will grow stronger and stronger.
2. Pray as Nik is headed to Atlanta tomorrow morning for a 5-day intensive seminary class at the RTS-Atlanta campus. Pray that Pierce has a good week with no major issues so that Nik can complete this class and be one step closer to graduation.
3. Pray for continued endurance and strength as we walk through this long journey (some days I swear it feels like it will never end!)
4. Pray that Pierce will tolerate the changes that are coming this week (wean in steroids, wean in o2 liters, and an increase in calories-more formula)
5. And pray for God's guidance as we figure out finances, work, etc. and where to go from here.
Thank you all for walking this journey with us.