9.23.2011

Pierce is doing great at home. Eating great. Sleeping great. Playing. Did I mention sleeping great?! Last night was the 3rd night in a row that Pierce went 9+ hrs without waking up. Because Pierce has grown so well, our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to let him sleep as long as he likes at night! Pierce must enjoy sleep as much as me, because he pretty much decided he would put himself on this schedule. Oh the joys of having a NICU baby who is used to self-soothing and sleeping through any amount of noise. (One major benefit of our 4-month hospital stay.)

Pierce is now weighing in at a solid 12 lbs 1.5 oz and at his last check up, he was 21 3/4 inches (ok, we stil have A LOT of catching up to go in the length department. thanks steroids!).

We don't take this progress for granted though. We have earnestly prayed for this growth, all the while knowing that many micropreemies have a really hard time in this department. We know that this is all God's doing, and every day we are amazed at how far He has brought our little guy.

Shunt surgery is still set for October 3rd at 8 am. Please keep Pierce and us in your prayers.

Also, little reminder: golf tournament is on Columbus Day (Oct. 10th). We'd love to see as many of you there as possible.

Ok, now to the stuff you've all been wanting- the pictures!

It's really hard to find time to take pictures these days, but I did snap a few to document how big P is now. Enjoy!


P's favorite thing to do- sleep in the bed. I joke that he likes our memory foam mattress topper, which I'm sure, is much more comfortable that his firm baby mattress. And yes, I'm aware that he can't sleep here all the time...we watched the Safe Sleep dvd in the NICU :)


After a bath, we let Pierce go cannula-free for a few minutes and were able to snap a couple pics of his pudgy little face.



Thank you for the love and support.

Much love,
The Franks Family

5 comments:

  1. He is getting so big and is absolutely adorable! My sister Kathleen told me about Pierce I have been following ya'll from Day one and have a one year old little boy myself. Watching Pierce grow shows how wonderful and sovereign God is!!! Praying for Pierce and the surgery coming up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting big. He is absolutely precious. I can't believe you get to sleep 9 hours a night. That is quite a blessing. Our twins didn't do so well with gaining weight and we had to feed them every 3 hours for almost a year! I will be praying that everything goes well with his shunt surgery. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you guys are all getting to sleep through the night! Amazing what a difference sleeping makes! I always felt horrible having to wake Jack up to eat. So it is SUCH a good day when the Dr. tells you to let them sleep! He is just getting so big and is so, so cute. As always, you guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Such a sweet baby! Maybe he can come teach my girls (4 and 2) to sleep through the night!

    ReplyDelete