5.15.2011

Thankfulness

(Pierce's Nana snapped this picture the other day during her visit. You can see how much he's grown compared to our last picture with the ink pen.)

Today has been yet another good, quiet day for Pierce. No new changes, only a slight increase on his feeds (he is now receiving his personal max- 5mL. here's to hoping we break that record tomorrow as they increase to 6mL's). Because Pierce was doing so well, Nik and I were able to worship with our church family today. We then snuck by the hospital for a quick visit before heading home for our Sunday nap (quite a tradition at our house).

As I sit here now, in the quietness, my heart is filled with joy and thankfulness. I am so grateful for this day. For an uneventful day, with no new issues to wrestle with. For a peaceful baby, who seems to be resting easy and growing more and more every day. For a wonderful NICU and staff- this team truly is amazing and their skill is beyond words.

Indeed this whole experience has made me treasure the most routine, mundane moments. I am overjoyed at the "boring" days we have, because I know that the opposite is usually because some hurdle has popped up in our way. I am thankful that God has performed many miracles to allow Pierce to see his one month birthday. And I'm grateful for each one of you, who have so encouraged and blessed us through your words, prayers and giving. Your dedication to following our story and your ceaseless prayers have been so humbling and most encouraging.

Much love to you all,
Lindsay, Nik and Pierce

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear he is doing so well and growing so fast! Keeping you all in our prayers that he'll continue to do so well and you'll take him home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! It's amazing how fast he's growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romans 12:12 comes to mind (or part of it):
    "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer." I'm so glad you got to be with your own church family today to let them love you and rejoice in the answered prayers for your covenant child!

    You've given me the encouragement needed to start a special prayer chain for our pastor family whose oldest son has schizophrenia. The LORD has already given them a better week, so we look for His continuing blessings in answer to specific and updated prayer requests.

    Won't it be fun to celebrate and rejoice together around God's throne Some Day?

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like SUCH a good, boring day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he surely HAS grown! Praise the Lord for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to read this!!! This morning in my quiet time with God, before I read this, I prayed for many uneventful days in the NICU. We all know, an uneventful day in the NICU is a successful day! I love watching your precious baby grow and gain strength. I love you and am praying for you daily.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay, Nick,& Pierce,

    While it has been a long time since I have seen you Lindsay , probably since high school or even middle school ! I do remember the smallest tidbits of information,for instance how kind you always were and that you constantly smile, and that we share a birthday ! Know that my fiancee and I are constantly praying for you and your family. I am so amazed by your unfaltering faith and trust in the Lord, you may not realize it, but God is using you and your husband and your precious tiny little man to reach a multitude of people through these blogs and your experiences, all for the glory of God. You are truly witnessing in a way I have never seen before, God clearly has such a special purpose for the three of you, and it will be amazing to see what he has in store for your futures ! I am not sure as to where you are living now, if you are still in the greenville area or not, but if there is anything at all that I can do to help in anyway, big or small, please do not hesitate to ask ! Love and Blessings,
    Tara Shropshier

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to see how quickly he is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a PRECIOUS picture of baby Pierce. My prayers continue to be with all of you.

    ReplyDelete